On this page... (hide)
- Favourite Quick Start Course material : Deep Learning Indaba
- Nice presentation to understand the mathematics behind CNN training Mathematics for Machine Learning slides
- Nice text book - Deep Learning
- Free Google GPU Works like Jupiter Notebook ... just create a new one (use menu bottom right)
- Copy your code into the editor
- Use the "edit" top level menu to set the "NoteBook Setting" to use the GPU under the hardware accelerator
- Press the "play" arrow icon
- Amazon Cloud
- Local GPU (access details private)
- Look at the Keras and Tensorflow example
- Test python program that creates a CNN to classify digits in the MNIST data set.
- Nice cover article for this Image Classification in 10 Minutes with MNIST Dataset
- Another nice cover article for this Keras Tutorial: The Ultimate Beginnerís Guide to Deep Learning in Python
- There is extensive use of machine learning at many levels in the analysis of ATLAS data
- Public page of AI in ATLAS
- CERN Courier - The rise of deep learning
- Paper : Deep Learning and Its Application to LHC Physics
- Slides : Machine Learning @ ATLAS
- MinPET is the All-Machine discovery of diamond in kimberlite rocks using PET.
- MinPET website
- Recent Paper in the 2017 SAIP proceedings
- MinPET in the CERN Courier
- We have used AI to achieve diamond classification from PET images at speeds that enable real time run-of-mine rock sorting at many hundreds of tons per hour.
- Commercialisation of the Technology prevents further exposition - If you are interested, contact the Research Team.