Notes on Apple Os X
On this page... (hide)
- Fink package manager, porting
- NeoOffice: OpenOffice for OsX with an Aqua interface
- Finder Refresh Force Mac OsX Finder to refresh a window.
- Mac Magic Keys for booting from a CD, forcing a reset etc
- Desktop Manager virtual screens/desktops
- Stupid tricks with network time
You can setup two or more ntp servers by typing all their addresses in the input box, separated by spaces. But remember to get rid of the rest of the descriptive text. Very useful inside Wits, where you cannot reach the standard Apple NTP servers.
There is an incredible number of Os X/Acqua/Carbon versions of Emacs and Xemacs. Not trivial to find the right one.
- Carbon Emacs for Panther
binary from http://woss.name/2005/08/04/build-of-carbon-xemacs-21520-beta-2-for-mac-os-x-104/
- Emacs On Aqua
GNU Emacs 2.0.7
- Carbon Emacs
GNU Emacs 21.3.50, not on 10.3 - abandoned ?
- Carbon XEmacs
no binaries available
- Apple Mail plug-ins and tools
- MailPriority lets you ask receipts and change the priority
- Sogudi search plugin
Type any search (wikipedia, google.co.za, man pages etc) from the location file. Sogudi main site, very slow.
Append to your
host * GSSAPIKeyExchange no GSSAPIAuthentication no
- to show linked libraries (equivalent of
ldd progon Linux):
- shell environment
MallocBadFreeAbort=1 MallocHelp=true MallocStackLoggingNoCompact=1
interesting that, since it traps aborts and segfaults, it can be used to apply malloc_history to a program that crashes. Pity that despite all this malloc_history did not manage to explain me why Geant4.9 works with HBook, and Geant4.8 crashes instead.