Simon Connell - Wiki pages
Prof Simon Connell : UJ
Narrative CV (2012)
Academic CV (2016)
Group Pages .... start here for all group resources .... (More Research, Computing, Knowledge-base, Activities, Tutorials ...)
Google Scholar Home page Publications
Download Staging Area: (temporary .... for collaborators ... <click> )
My Research Interests: (with a range of collaborators) span several fields
High Energy Particle Physics
- Working in SA-ATLAS : Higgs Group - three discovery searches in the Higgs and Super Symmetry sector.
- HEP computing
- Part of NA63 - especially coherent radiation phenomena using aligned diamond targets.
High Energy Nuclear Physics
- Virtual photon excitation of baryonic resonances - JLAB Hall C experiments - mostly experiment E1-008 and associate experiments
- Reaction Mechanisms -in light ion induced reactions on medium mass targets from the Coulomb Barrier to the Fission threshold.
Applied Nuclear Physics
- Developing the Mineral-PET kimberlite rock stream sorter for diamond
- Application of High Performance Computing and Monte-Carlo techniques (from High Energy Physics) to Reactor Simulation
- X-ray Bragg studies of intrinsic defects at the limit of low strain 10-8
- Diamond Applications :
- As a synchrotron beam optical element.
- As a detector.
- As a crystalline undulator.
- The (small) lab low-strain Diamond Instrumented Diffractometer project.
- Electron and Photon induced primary radiation damage in the low dose - pure diamond limit.
- Aspects of ultra-pure and low strain HPHT Synthesis, CVD synthesis.
- The H impurity (revealed by Muon Spin Rotation experiments)
- The H-microscope project (at iThemba LABS Gauteng).
- Impurity Complexation leading to n-type molecular dopants (mostly H complexation)
- Scientific Diamond processing (fine mechanical, laser, thermo-chemical, ion-beam). We co-develop the iThemba Diamond Laboratory instrumentation and Techniques.
- Natural diamond inclusion geo-chemistry - as an indicator of deep earth physics.
Open Quantum Systems
- Quantum Diamond
- Space-time effects in Bell Correlations
- Quantum Communication, Quantum Security
- Computational Physics
- High Performance Computing
- Grid Computing
Personal Pages ....
Private Administration Pages .... keeping track of important administration information.
e-mail: simon.connell (at) gmail.com
Family come first ! \\